ATV and UTV Operator training is required under the WorkSafeBC OH&S regulations.
A decade ago there were no formally recognized ATV courses designed for the silviculture industry or other similar wilderness workplace situations. This course is specifically geared towards the workplace to train operators to safely travel and carry loads in remote worksite locations.
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to successful participants in the ATV/UTV course. The certificate is valid for three years, barring the holder’s loss of driver’s licence.
The following is an outline of what participants will practice, review and on which they will be evaluated:
- list protective clothing and gear for operating an ATV/UTV
- understand WorkSafeBC OH&S regulations pertaining to ATV/UTV operation
- show an understanding of risk management and due diligence
- load and unload the ATV/UTV for transit
- load and secure loads on the ATV/UTV to balance weight.
- do pre-trip and post-trip inspections
- operate ATVs and UTVs under varied conditions
- perform basic mechanical monitoring
- determine and identify hazards en route
- demonstrate safe operating skills.
- tow a trailer if that is part of workplace requirements.
This course is delivered by Sidorov Precision Driver Training. Click on the hyperlink for detailed course information. Email contact is email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. It is best to send a copy to both addresses. The phone number is 604-905-0146. Fax is 604-905-0140.
Course dates are typically developed based on demand. Courses will have maximum of six students, minimum of three. Students are expected to provide their own machines. Should that not be possible, student should arrange for rental or sharing of an ATV/UTV at their cost.
You may also contact the WSCA Registrar if you have any questions about this course.